Public Health, MSc
Academic discipline: Medical and Health Sciences
Qualifications: Expert in Public Health
Starting date: September
Language requirements: English language proficiency (CEFR level B2, assessed at the compulsory entrance interview)
Academic requirements: high school certificate; relevant BSc degree; entrance interview
Duration: 3 semesters
Tuition fee: 8,000 USD/year (4,000 USD/semester)
Other fees: application fee 150 USD, entrance procedure fee 350 USD
The aim of the MSc program in public health is to train specialists capable of monitoring public health problems as well as planning, implementing, and evaluating possible solutions. The objective of the MSc course in public health is to equip graduates with knowledge and skills in
- monitoring the health status of population;
- analysing the factors influencing the health status of populations;
- exploring and prioritising health needs and demands;
- drafting local, regional and national health policy aimed at solving public health concerns;
- planning and organising services to promote health and prevent and treat diseases based on the needs of the target population;
- implementing and managing health-promoting and disease-prevention tactics;
- analysing and evaluating the effectiveness of those services and interventions.
Practice: 38 %
Main subjects typically include (this list is indicative and may change):
|Year ||Main subjects |
|1 ||Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Management, Health Informatics, Health Policy, Public Health in Developing Countries |
|2 ||Public Health in Developed Countries, Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Nutritional Health |
Internship, practice: Students should complete a 4-week field practice.
For further detailed information about the curriculum and subject requirements please check the course Bulletin.
Career prospects: Specialists who have completed their studies will have thorough knowledge in epidemiology, health promotion, health management and health policy.
Are you considering applying for this program?